This delicious cereal made of Ragi or Eleusine coracana, a fibre-rich grain that was bestowed upon us by our ancient ancestors. Enjoy a cup of this Ragi flakes that gives you a good dose of calcium and protein when you start your day.
Ragi (83%), Oats, Rice, Jowar, Wheat, Maize, Sugar, Salt, Natual Antioxidant (INS 307b & INS 392)
Rich in protein
High in Calcium
¼ cup Finger Millet Flakes
1½ cups of boiled milk
¼ cup Sugar or as required
1 tbsp Ghee
2 tbsp of chopped nuts ( Cashews and Almonds)
1 tbsp Raisins
¼ tsp cardamom powder
1) Shallow fry chopped nuts until golden brown in a non-stick wok with 1 tbsp ghee.
2) Roast the Ragi Millet flakes on a medium flame for 1 minute or so.
3) Add 1½ cup boiled milk to the roasted flakes and cook for 3-4 minutes on a low to medium flame.
4) Keep stirring to ensure the pudding does not stick to the bottom.
5) Add sugar followed by the raisins and fried nuts at this stage and give a quick stir and cook until the sugar dissolves.
6) Flavour the Kheer with cardamom powder and stir well.